Today we are proud to be releasing A Tale of Survival version 1.4.3 which will shortly be available on all our currently supported platforms!
Version 1.4.3 –
- Added playable female characters to the game with all customization!
- Added gender change option to character creation menu
- Improved targeting when attacking and gathering resources
- Growing resources can now be targeted by clicking them
- Reduced attack range of bats
- Increased movement speed of bats by 0.2
- Increased damage radius of the grenade by 40%
- Fixed bug where npc’s would sometimes get stuck in objects
- Increased the movement speed of Ice beetles by 0.4
Get A Tale of Survival
That is it for today guys!
Today we are releasing version 1.4.0 of A Tale of Survival! We are extremely proud of this release version and cannot wait to hear your feedback!
Version 1.4.0 –
- Improved crafting gui positioning for tablet devices
- Fixed annoying joystick gui clicking issues!
- Crafting arrows now only gives 2 arrows instead of three
- Fixed bug with arrows sticking to dead npcs
- Fixed wool cloth sprite
- Fixed bug with cancel button not disappearing after bow shot
- Fixed bug with bow doing melee and ranged damage at the same time
- Greatly increased the swimming speed of sea snakes
- Sea snakes are now aggressive
- Amethyst necklace now requires a gold bar to craft
- Fixed button with craft button sometimes activating nearby resources
- Beacon now requires gold bar and amethyst to craft
- You can now reselect object and item placement positioning before it finishes
- Fixed bug with backup saving that was not correctly save inventory data
- Fixed bug with world saving that did not save the correct player position
- Bandages are now limited to one use at a time
- Added two new mineable rocks! clay stone and sandstone
- Fixed bug with bandage modifier icon not disappearing
- Fixed depth of growing resources
- Fixed depth of furnace overlapping player
- Improved song fade in and out timers
- Increased speed of wolf by 0.2
- Fixed bug with joystick controls and raft movement
- Passive npc’s no longer activate combat music
- Disabled resolution change on mobile devices
- Fixed bug with weapon durability showing up multiple times in modifier list
- Fixed bug with resources sometimes disappearing
- Reduced memory load of world generation slightly
- Fixed bug with gates sometimes not letting the user pass through when open
- Fixed bug where fishing rod could be unequipped whilst fishing
- Fixed bug with details not displaying on upper 10% of map sometimes
Version 1.4.2 –
- Changed targeting with mouse to only allow item pickup and object interaction
- Fixed bug with shadow positioning
- Added shadows to growing resources
- Improved depth of resources for few overlaps
- Fixed items disappearing in some cases when loading a game
Thats all for today guys,
We are pleased to announce A Tale of Survival version 1.3.1 which will shortly be available! This update contains a host of changes to some of the games cores features which we hope will make for a much better experience!
- Two completely new tracks! A full length day and night theme by our composer Mike Frank
- Fixed error with key rebinding not configuring correctly sometimes
- Reduced world generation time by 15%
- Fixed bug when entering dungeons that could cause a delay
- Resources now no longer block cave exits
- Increased base day and night lengths slightly
- Joystick now only activates in the lower left quadrant of the screen
- Added onscreen indicator for beacon to find your way home!
- Added cool down to opening and closing interact options with objects
- Increased damage of lava by 3
- Fixed ‘sticky joystick’ bug
- Fixed issue with raft controls
- Improved depth sorting on some objects
- Fixed bug when placing plants that would sometimes change their position
- increased spawn rate of coal by 15%
- Objects can now be placed on top of grass cliffs!
- Removed delta timing from core
- Chests now spawn in dungeons with more cool loot!
- Improved spawn collision detection for npcs and player
- Improved depth sorting for long grass and reeds to not overlap objects
- Fixed bug with item saving that would sometimes cause an error
- Fixed bug with rain icon sometimes displaying multiple times
- Improved placement of resources to not overlap
Looking forward to hearing your feedback on this one!
Thanks have great day –
Today we are pleased to announce that the long awaited IOS release of our first title A Tale of Survival will shortly be available. It has been a long time coming and we are greatly anticipating your feedback. The IOS release also brings with it two completely new theme songs for the day and night modes of the game and a few key changes that we will be announcing in the coming days so look forward to that. This update will be rolled out on all existing platforms including Android and Windows so don’t worry nobody will be left out!
Some of you may have noticed the removal of the ad-supported version of A Tale of Survival which was available for the last two months on the Google-play store. We ran a trial over this period and are ecstatic with the reception and feedback it received! Existing users will continue to receive updates however we are not allowing any new installations of the free version.
Over the next week or so news will be posted on our twitter so stay tuned!
Say hello to version 1.3.0 of A Tale of Survival! This version features a few key bug fixes, new in-app purchasable re-spawns and optimisations!
-Version 1.3.0 –
- Fixed bug which would allow multitudes of poison dot to be added to the player
- Fixed bug with some enemies multiplying on save
- Fixed bug with cave walls disappearing in dungeons
- Added new (IAP) revive option
- Reduced world population load time by 30%
- Fixed bug when entering dungeon dungeon which could cause a infinite loop
- Improved stair placement in dungeons
- Fixed issue with free version leader boards not displaying correctly
- Fixed bug with resources sometimes spawning over dungeon entrances
- Fixed bug with collision detection when placing objects
That is it for today!
Today we are extremely excited to be releasing version 1.2.1 of A Tale of Survival. This version boasts a much reduced app-size, over 40% less memory usage and better map drawing. We have fixed a few issues with the particle engine which was causing slowdown on several devices and fixed a newly discovered memory leak associated with background map data.
– Version 1.2.1 –
Reduced memory requirements by around 40% by using new sound compression method
Reduced walking step load for better performance
Optimized rain effect for better performance
Fixed bug with background data not being free’d from memory
Fixed bandage and wool cloth item sprites
We are looking forward to receiving your feedback and reports with this new version.
Thanks have a great day,
Today we are releasing a new update to address a number of performance based issues associated with a previous version of the game engine. This includes a memory leak discovered in a beta version of the engine.
In addition to this there are a number of changes, better object placement detection and new discoveries on the island.
– Version 1.2.0 –
- Fixed bug when placing objects which would not display some blocked paths
- Fixed bug with npcs not displaying correctly sometimes when loading a game
- Fixed bug with world generator causing an error on initial load
- Statues now give a random, high level item when discovering them
- Fixed an issue with surfaces drawing incorrectly when loading a game
- Added multi-touch to item pick-up and inventory items to allow much smoother movement and consumable use
- Fixed error when collecting some resources
- Added sounds to menu options buttons
- Added save option when exiting the game
- Fixed potential bug with character creation
- Fixed bug with raft not moving when rebinding controls
This update will be rolled out shortly and will be available for both free and paid version of A Tale of Survival across all currently available platforms and marketplaces.
Today is just a quick release to address a few issues recently made apparent as-well as fix a few logical issues within the game.
– Version 1.1.96 –
• Fixed bug with cooking put placement sometimes causing an error
• Improved resource placement when generating world
• Fixed speech bubble stutter
• Fixed bug with cliff and cave rock sprite flicker
• Improved camera smoothness slightly
• Fixed bug with water creatures following outside of the water
• NPCS now have unique water walking speeds
• Increased spawn rate of cactus
• Crafting vial now requires sand and a furnace
• Potions now require a vial to craft instead of sand
• Increased standard world size 75%
• Fixed bug with npc defense destroying
That is all for today, keep your suggestions rolling in!
Sorry for the delay in releasing this latest update. This version of A Tale of Survival aims to fix a few issues identified since the latest update as-well as add some more functionality to the shovel item which can now be used to also remove exhausted resources such as tree’s or mining rocks to allow room for more building!
In the coming weeks we are preparing for a bug feature update, which will include new creature AI, some new items as-well and one new resource!
Here are the patch notes –
– Version 1.1.94 –
• Fixed bug with the bandage item causing a crash when used
• Fixed bug when gathering some resources which would cause a random crash
• Fixed bug when sometimes double clicking resources which would give double drops
• Fixed bug which prevented the first item in a chest from being taken
• Chest no longer drags when selecting an item
• Fixed bug with statistics being incorrectly labelled
• Fixed bug with shovel not visually removing details
• Shovel can now be used to remove exhausted resources from the game
• Fixed a bug with ground items rarely causing a bug while saving the game
A Tale of Survival is currently available from the following app-stores –
That is all for today guys, as always we are always looking for any new ideas, criticisms and feedback! Use the contact page on our website and let us know what you think.
Have a great day,
Just a quick update to address a few minor bugs as-well as a few balance changes!
• Reduced chance of rain by around 30%
• Fixed bug when using ladder on certain terrain objects causing an error
• Attacking dead npcs no longer shows damage text
• Fixed bug with weather controller throwing an error
• Added text-log entry when equipping items
• Increased burn time of campfire by 55%
Find a bug or want to see something added? Use the contact form and let us know!
Have a great day,