Surviving Titan 0.7.2 is now live! This update includes rideable horses, sprinklers, improved interface, new cooking items and some balancing changes.
Here is a quick demo of the new and improved slot dragging system! You can now drag items directly into chests and other storage objects. And even between them!
Horses have also found their way onto Titan! These horses can be bred and ridden.. they are also a pretty good source of leather… but I didn’t suggest that!
There is also now a new way to gather rocks and ores too! It’s not a great weapon, but craft a drill at the synthesizer to mine rocks at a much faster speed than the pickaxe!
Here is the full patch notes –
• Horses have found their way to Titan!
• Items can now be directly dragged into objects, such as the chests and the campfire
• Added new burger cooking item
• Added new fries cooking item
• Added new mytonium watering can
• Added new weapon – the drill!
• Added new item – sprinkler
• Added new saddle item
• Added better object placement checking
• Added more checks so buildings cannot be placed partially on water
• Fixed bug with raw chicken not being consumed when eaten
• Fixed bug that would sometimes prevent Good times achievement from unlocking
• Fixed bug with pumpkins magically turning into wheat
• Balanced durability damage for most weapons
• Fixed bug with fishing pot sometimes moving
• Skeleton tomb now resets after 48 hours
• Fixed small pathfinding glitch with the grill
• Improved player movement when in transport
• Fixed issue with placing leashes on gamepad
I am extremely happy to be pushing version 0.6.7 out into the world! This update brings several quality of life improvements, a new survivor, a new quest and several new items to craft as-well as an array of bug fix’s!
One of the most popular requests was an auto-sort feature for chests, in addition to increasing their size. I am happy to say this is now available for all storage in the game –
I have also streamlined the way that cooking recipes display! Now only recipes that require more than one base ingredient will display by default, anything else will require you to have them in your inventory to cook –
I am constantly looking out on the discussion boards and on twitter for new content you guys would like added and ways to improve the game. If you have any suggestions then please let me know!
Here is the full patch notes –
• Added a new quest!
• Added new cooking recipe, the fried egg
• Added new cooking recipe cheese
• Added new cooking recipe pizza
• Added new water bucket item
• Added new item compsognathus skull
• Added a new NPC task type – farming
• Skulls can now be crushed from the item info window into bone powder
• Added new backup module to attempt to restore corrupted game saves on load
• Doubled leather scrap and hide stack sizes
• Converted terrain to new filetype, reduced file size by 95%
• All seeds now stack up to 50
• Added auto-sort option to chests – stacks and arranges items
• By popular request the bone sword is now a one handed weapon
• Added drop sound when dropping items directly from objects and chests
• Adding state sharing between identical crafting bench’s
• Crafting lists will now auto-update every second
• All paintings now stack up to 5
• Increased light emitted by the standing torch by 40%
• Increased burn time of standing torch by 100%
• Added some more resolution optimisations across mobile devices
• Added a new survivor – Danny – he will keep your crops alive
• Converted combat dummy’s to objects instead of NPC’s (any existing can now be picked up)
• Small chests now stack up to 5
• Fixed bug with watering can not always playing splash sound
• Improved depth layering on push able objects and pillars
• Added several new skeleton sounds
• Fixed bug with paintings showing outside builds on initial game load
• Michael no longer shakes the ground when he walks
• Removed slight draw delay when dragging items into chests
• Reduced zoom when talking
• Snowmen are now solid
• Candles can now be placed on top of tables
• Reduced drop rate of key cards
• Improved gamepad performance
• Increased movement deadzone on gamepad slightly
• Reduced chicken egg spawn rate slightly
• Fixed bug with bee’s and spiders not agro’ing correctly in groups
• Fixed a loop when assigning a pet to a task whilst stuck inside
• Crafting level requirements are now displayed in the item info screen
• Fixed kraken tentacle weapon not being able to equip
Just a small update tonight, adding steam cloud saves and a few new things.
• Added steam cloud syncing
• Added a new cave to explore
• Added a new desert prefab
• Added smarter collision detected and fallbacks to prevent pets getting lost
• Added more out of bounds checks to most maps
• Added sound to activated rune portal
• NPC’s are no longer damaged by cacti
• Increased pearl stack to 5
• Removed ‘It’s already crafting something’ text from the crafting table
• Fixed bug with inventory closing when clicking on chests
• Fixed bug with removing ladders from caves and replacing them generating a new cave
• Fixed bug with X button not working on some gamepads on IOS
• Improved GUI rescaling whilst in windowed mode
• Reduced lighting effects in firelands biome by 40%
• Bandages can no longer be stacked
I have been itching to post this update for a few days now, the last few weeks have been extremely productive with several new core features being added as-well as complete re-writes of existing mechanics. The games performance has been greatly improved by the re-write of the chunking mechanics, allowing much faster clearing and saving of resources in real-time so you never have to save the game.
This week I revisited the players status screen, from here you can view their skill levels, limb vitals and access their equipment and abilities screen. I think the layout still needs a little bit of work but displays just about everything it needs to –
At long last there are now breeding mechanics in the game, allowing certain animals to be farmed for their resources from the safety of your base –
Of-course this requires some way of getting the chickens to follow you, so I came up with ‘Leashing’. This is a rare item that you cannot craft but once you have it does not degrade –
Other work that has been taking place is in some of the lesser-explored biomes such as the snowlands and jungle. I have been adding some new discoveries to these biomes and adjusting their resources. Here is some sneak peaks –
Lastly for this month I have been testing out some new, higher-tier weapons and their effects. This is the crossbow, it fires multiple low-damage rounds very quickly and has a slight stun/knockback effect. Is it overpowered currently? YES! Does it look cool? I think so –
I have finally set up a discord! While I am not posting too much there right now I would love for some of you to register and chat. Shortly I will be testing newer versions of the game and discord members will be first to know -> https://discord.gg/rcxgECb
That is all for today, if you have any idea’s or suggestions for the game please message me!