Surviving Titan 0.7.2 is now live! This update includes rideable horses, sprinklers, improved interface, new cooking items and some balancing changes.
Here is a quick demo of the new and improved slot dragging system! You can now drag items directly into chests and other storage objects. And even between them!
Horses have also found their way onto Titan! These horses can be bred and ridden.. they are also a pretty good source of leather… but I didn’t suggest that!
There is also now a new way to gather rocks and ores too! It’s not a great weapon, but craft a drill at the synthesizer to mine rocks at a much faster speed than the pickaxe!
Here is the full patch notes –
• Horses have found their way to Titan!
• Items can now be directly dragged into objects, such as the chests and the campfire
• Added new burger cooking item
• Added new fries cooking item
• Added new mytonium watering can
• Added new weapon – the drill!
• Added new item – sprinkler
• Added new saddle item
• Added better object placement checking
• Added more checks so buildings cannot be placed partially on water
• Fixed bug with raw chicken not being consumed when eaten
• Fixed bug that would sometimes prevent Good times achievement from unlocking
• Fixed bug with pumpkins magically turning into wheat
• Balanced durability damage for most weapons
• Fixed bug with fishing pot sometimes moving
• Skeleton tomb now resets after 48 hours
• Fixed small pathfinding glitch with the grill
• Improved player movement when in transport
• Fixed issue with placing leashes on gamepad
I am extremely happy to be pushing version 0.6.7 out into the world! This update brings several quality of life improvements, a new survivor, a new quest and several new items to craft as-well as an array of bug fix’s!
One of the most popular requests was an auto-sort feature for chests, in addition to increasing their size. I am happy to say this is now available for all storage in the game –
I have also streamlined the way that cooking recipes display! Now only recipes that require more than one base ingredient will display by default, anything else will require you to have them in your inventory to cook –
I am constantly looking out on the discussion boards and on twitter for new content you guys would like added and ways to improve the game. If you have any suggestions then please let me know!
Here is the full patch notes –
• Added a new quest!
• Added new cooking recipe, the fried egg
• Added new cooking recipe cheese
• Added new cooking recipe pizza
• Added new water bucket item
• Added new item compsognathus skull
• Added a new NPC task type – farming
• Skulls can now be crushed from the item info window into bone powder
• Added new backup module to attempt to restore corrupted game saves on load
• Doubled leather scrap and hide stack sizes
• Converted terrain to new filetype, reduced file size by 95%
• All seeds now stack up to 50
• Added auto-sort option to chests – stacks and arranges items
• By popular request the bone sword is now a one handed weapon
• Added drop sound when dropping items directly from objects and chests
• Adding state sharing between identical crafting bench’s
• Crafting lists will now auto-update every second
• All paintings now stack up to 5
• Increased light emitted by the standing torch by 40%
• Increased burn time of standing torch by 100%
• Added some more resolution optimisations across mobile devices
• Added a new survivor – Danny – he will keep your crops alive
• Converted combat dummy’s to objects instead of NPC’s (any existing can now be picked up)
• Small chests now stack up to 5
• Fixed bug with watering can not always playing splash sound
• Improved depth layering on push able objects and pillars
• Added several new skeleton sounds
• Fixed bug with paintings showing outside builds on initial game load
• Michael no longer shakes the ground when he walks
• Removed slight draw delay when dragging items into chests
• Reduced zoom when talking
• Snowmen are now solid
• Candles can now be placed on top of tables
• Reduced drop rate of key cards
• Improved gamepad performance
• Increased movement deadzone on gamepad slightly
• Reduced chicken egg spawn rate slightly
• Fixed bug with bee’s and spiders not agro’ing correctly in groups
• Fixed a loop when assigning a pet to a task whilst stuck inside
• Crafting level requirements are now displayed in the item info screen
• Fixed kraken tentacle weapon not being able to equip
Thank you all for being so active on the discord and community pages the past few days. Your ideas and feedback has been great and I love the direction things are going!
I spent most of the day working on some more quality of life improvements and on fixing all of the bugs you guys found over the last few days!
Here is the list of changes –
• Improved vertical shooting – yes you can now shoot up and down freely
• Improved GUI resolution on some monitors
• Water pouches can now be refilled from rain catchers and wells
• Keycards now stack up to 10
• Fixed movement glitch when walking on lava with pets following you
• Improved bed placement and fixed overlap bug when placing near each other
• game window no longer re-centers when changing maps in windowed mode
• Fixed teleportation pad markers sometimes appearing in the top left of the minimap
• Fixed bug with minimap markers sometimes flickering
• Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent the ‘Green thumb’ achievement from being completed
• Poison and fire damage can no longer be blocked by the shield
• Fixed boats not placing in deep water
• Fixed a bug when sleeping and pausing the game that would sometimes stop the player from automatically waking up
• Fixed a bug with boats passing through dock panels
• Reduced log requirement to craft coal in the furnace from 10 to 5
• Rover will now not animate whilst idle
• Increased health of rover from 25 to 50
• Clicking a pet icon that is close will now talk to them directly (useful if you have lot’s of pets bunched together)
• Fixed a bug when having multiple buildings near each other that would stop objects being draw inside them
• Added new special object placement check for paintings on walls – can be be placed on all tiles
• Reduced drop chance of rare mining drops slightly
• Added new crafting recipe, bone powder!
• Improved pathfinding on the ‘hell creature’
That is all for today.
I hope you are enjoying the game! And if you are please consider leaving a review on the steam page, it really helps!
Thank you all so much for the support and reception of the game! I have been listening to all of your feedback over the past two days and putting it all together in a list of things that you have suggested be changed to better the game. I think I have ironed out the majority of bugs and glitches in the first few days and today I moved on to tweaking some of your biggest complains, let’s begin!
Storage changes –
The default inventory space has been increased, giving you a bit more room to play with. Chests and large storage objects now dynamically adapt their rows based on their slots –
Don’t forget you can shift-click items to store them quickly!
Ground items –
A lot of you had quite a bit of clutter on the ground after all your farming and exploration. With that in mind I have added a new call that will despawn ground items after 48 ingame hours. Any existing items on the ground before this patch will remain there so you will have to pick them up and drop them again for this change to take effect.
Currently the 48 hour despawn does not effect items that are crafted from a workbench, quest items or any items that you drop if you die.
Keybindings and settings –
There is now an option to toggle on/off auto-zoom when interacting with objects. Zoom-in and out can now be binded as-well as attack can now be binded to right click (still working on the left click remap)
Here is the full patch notes –
Gamepad controls improved slightly
Fixed a gap that would allow you outside the map in the research ship
Added crafting output amounts to GUI
Death location will now automatically clear from the minimap when you reach your body
Items will now despawn after staying on the ground for 48 in-game hours
Added new game setting so you can toggle auto-zoom on and off
Quest log and minimap now defaults to M for keybinding
Reduced rover smithing level requirment from 15 to 10
Fixed bug that meant Clive had to be inside the escape pod to complete the “Fuel levels critical” quest
Added zooming to skill tree, default zoom reduced
Michael will now attempt to get bars for you if you send him on a mission
Increased clay spawns in the jungle slightly
That is all for today guys. Please continue to post your idea’s and feedback.
Surviving Titan is an open world, action packed, survival adventure game. You will have to craft, build, fight and explore to discover all of the mysteries of Titan.
You’ve crash landed on the planet Titan. Suffering from amnesia and armed with only a basic survival kit you begin exploring the planet looking for any signs of life. You are accompanied by your ships standard issue survival droid, their job is to help keep you alive.
Explore a large open world full of mysteries, dangerous creatures, rare resources and surprises. Live long enough to discover the mysteries of Titan, find other survivors and attempt to escape the perilous planet.
A huge, randomly generated open world to explore – built up of seven different biomes. With each biome having a unique landscape, rare resources and inhabitants (friendly or otherwise) exploring these biomes will be instrumental if you are to ever survive Titan.
You are not alone – discover other survivors during your exploration and recruit them into your crew. Trade, fight and explore with them and perhaps they can help unravel some of the mysteries of Titan!
Craft your own adventure – With over 150 unique items to craft the world of Titan is your oyster. Craft useful objects, suits of armor or powerful weapons to help you survive.
Train your skills. There are 7 skills to master. Each skill has it’s own unique benefits. Compete in global leaderboards to see who is the master of each skill.
It has been a pretty intense few weeks since the last update and I have been looking forward to finally posting some of the changes and features I have been adding. Life on Titan has gotten a bit more deadly recently, with several new boss’s making their way onto the planet. Life has also gotten a bit more stable, with a complete overhaul of the way that enemies and objects are saved and loaded from the map, resulting in increased performance (especially in animal breeding), stability and no more having to save the game – the game now automatically saves every few seconds.
This week I added the ability to choose a skin in the character creation screen, there is currently two to choose from –
I have updated the way that pet AI and human survivors work too, they are now a bit more intelligent in the way that they follow you. They will also offer assistance in combat if needed.
I spent a large part of last week improving the way that the grasslands biome looks and feels. There is now far more foliage in the grasslands and greater diversity of tree’s. There is still more to come but here is a quick preview –
This week I improved the digging mechanics too. Digging now detects the biome you are in which directly effects the loot you can receive, with some very special items (albeit very rare) to find –
Player housing is also something I have been tweaking. The original inception of the player built houses were instanced maps, however I felt this has no consequence and did not fit the survival theme of the game. I have since re-worked this system to now have a seamless transition between inside and outside of player housing. Certain enemies will attempt to break so it is important to have a strong door on if you want to protect your home –
Lastly I have been tweaking the games core questline. I don’t want to give out any spoilers just yet but here is a quick tease of one of the games new quest areas!
That is all for this week. I would love to hear your suggestions and critique. Please consider joining the games discord for beta access too -> https://discord.gg/MpcUQjK
It’s been a few weeks since my last post and lot’s has changed in that time! I have been working quite heavily on improving the world generation of the game, all 7 intended biomes are now present as-well as several randomly generated islands to explore!
There is still some work to be done with smoothing the terrain transitions and adding variation the island shapes but at it’s core everything is in place and ready to explore!
In other news I have been modifying the minimap screen to be more intuitive and interactive. It now features a full screen view with quests as-well the ability to toggle markers on and off.
Also I have been working on adding several new bosses, an achievement framework, pet system and numerous performance and balance tweaks. Really excited to be showing these new features off in the next few weeks, but for now a sneak peak of an upcoming boss!
That is all for today. If you have any idea’s or feedback please send it my way!
I will shortly be setting up a discord server too to log progress and take feedback, PM me if you might be interested in joining.
I have been wanting to make a development thread for a while but the game wasn’t quite there yet. Finally I think I am at a good point to start logging my progress! So without further ado I present to you Surviving Titan, an open world, randomly generated sci-fi survival adventure game.
You crash land on the planet Titan, suffering from amnesia and with the ships scanners unable to detect any signs of civilization you begin the task of exploring the planet looking for any signs of intelligent life. You are accompanied by a survival droid, standard issue for any escape pod. Their job is to keep you alive.
The game features a completely randomly generated open world to explore, with 7 core biomes that piece it together. Each biome has it’s owned unique landscape, resources and inhabitants (friendly or otherwise). Some crafting recipes require item’s that can only be gathered from specific biomes so exploration is key.
Here is a rough image of the current world biome map, it is still actively being improved but getting there –
This game has a much large scope than anything I have ever made before, but also is alot more complete as I have iterated and improved mechanics from previous games. There are several tiers of crafting, with one of the final tiers giving you the ability to create a teleportation pad that allows you to move across the map almost instantly –
The game currently features several skills for you to level up, including –
Mining Smithing Woodcutting Farming Fishing
Leveling up these skills grants you points that can be spent to unlock perks or crafting recipes as-well as other things. The system is not fully fleshed out yet but here is an example of what the final skill tree system might look like –
Here is a brief look at some of the higher tier items in the game and things you can discover –
I am really looking forward to posting new content as the game progresses.
I am extremely excited to announce that Amethlion has just released on steam, what a way to enjoy a bank holiday huh? Amethlion is now bigger and better than ever thanks to all your feedback and ideas over the past few weeks.