It has been a while since I posted one of these! There has been allot of development going on in the last few weeks as I try to hit my goal of getting the game out there by the end of January, here is a quick list of some of the most notable changes and features that have been added –
- . World items now randomly spawn on the ground when generating
- . Re-wrote the way that tiles are managed and drawn in game. increasing overall game performance by around 200%
- . Reduced weather particle effects for better performance
- . Disabled permanently on v-sync (will be added to options menu)
- . Completely re-wrote the entire source for all objects, npcs and map items for better performance and better save and load accuracy.
- . Changed the games camera angle and zoom level, increasing performance levels and game experience
- . Fixed android multi-touch joystick and action button issues
- . Added several new tile types including lava, reeds and long grass
- . Added several new map items, including leaves, sticks, flowers, tree branches, rocks and bones
- . Added several new npc types, bunny’s, bats and bee’s
- . Energy will now slowly decrease when moving and attacking
- . Re-worked the map generation code to be much more pretty
- . Sand is now generated as small islands in water as-well as near shore-lines
- . Fixed many overlapping tile issues – Tiles now have several layers which they can fade into
- . Added new battle theme music
- . Npc’s will now stop chasing after a random distance
- . Npc’s now have ‘homes’ and will return to them if they move too far
- . The game no longer needs to re-load when changing the resolution
- . Fixed up the water depth calculation to be more efficient and accurate
Fixed options displaying the close button even when not in game
Added several new resource types including blossom tree’s, jungle tree’s
Fixed issue with cacti graphic not displaying correctly
Added new house type, the tree-house!
Fixed map transition grid clear bug
fixed background tiles sometimes not clearing correctly bug
Fixed display bug where clouds sometimes would overlap the world alpha state (night time)
Added pumpkins, carrots and mushrooms to the world spawning script
Added resource crafting map item requirments, such as a furnace, cooking pot or stove
Doowd has been offline for almost a week now! Far longer than I would of liked but slowly and surely everything is coming together to bring it back to life. If you have managed to find this site beforehand you will have noticed the on-going changes that are taking place, which I would like to briefly explain –
I have decided to take a new approach to the way that I manage and maintain my projects, thus DynamicZero is being born. This change not only makes a huge reduction in the monthly running costs of my various projects, as they all now spawn from this central site. But it also should allow me to be far more efficient at maintaining them all under this one central hub. Hopefully this new centralised design should be good for everyone!
So what changes are being made to Doowd? –
Doowd is very much changing for the better! I have stripped away almost all of the shell that surrounded the tool itself, and that is what Doowd is now is very much becoming, the tool itself and nothing more. You will still be able to save and load templates but user profiles and site integration are all being removed. I felt that these systems where very much unused, and often a barrier for people that just simply wanted to create a quick template and not have to worry about anything else. All the previous functionality of Doowd very much will remain in-tact, it will just be far more focused. As we speak I am uploading the core files to this server with the hope of having it all up and running within the next day or two.
That is all for now folks, I will continue to update the site and keep you guys updated on what’s happening!