Sorry for the delay in releasing this latest update. This version of A Tale of Survival aims to fix a few issues identified since the latest update as-well as add some more functionality to the shovel item which can now be used to also remove exhausted resources such as tree’s or mining rocks to allow room for more building!
In the coming weeks we are preparing for a bug feature update, which will include new creature AI, some new items as-well and one new resource!
Here are the patch notes –
– Version 1.1.94 –
• Fixed bug with the bandage item causing a crash when used
• Fixed bug when gathering some resources which would cause a random crash
• Fixed bug when sometimes double clicking resources which would give double drops
• Fixed bug which prevented the first item in a chest from being taken
• Chest no longer drags when selecting an item
• Fixed bug with statistics being incorrectly labelled
• Fixed bug with shovel not visually removing details
• Shovel can now be used to remove exhausted resources from the game
• Fixed a bug with ground items rarely causing a bug while saving the game
A Tale of Survival is currently available from the following app-stores –
That is all for today guys, as always we are always looking for any new ideas, criticisms and feedback! Use the contact page on our website and let us know what you think.
Just a quick update to address a few minor bugs as-well as a few balance changes!
• Reduced chance of rain by around 30%
• Fixed bug when using ladder on certain terrain objects causing an error
• Attacking dead npcs no longer shows damage text
• Fixed bug with weather controller throwing an error
• Added text-log entry when equipping items
• Increased burn time of campfire by 55%
Find a bug or want to see something added? Use the contact form and let us know!
After a short break in development we are back with a new update for A Tale of Survival! This update boasts an redesigned and cleaner interface, new game-play mechanics and as always performance improvements and bug fixes.
We are constantly reading your comments and thoughts on the game and if you have anything you would like to share please feel free to contact us.
Here are the changes –
– Version 1.1.89 (10-2-15)
• Fixed bug with interact button when using ladder to climb into dungeons
• Resources can now be harvested by clicking on them
• Fixed bug with cliff steps not being walk able
• Reduced texture swaps by up to 30% for better performance
• Torch now requires stick and two coal to craft instead of wool cloth
• Fixed bug with targeting system not calculating priorities correctly
• Added new splash screen
• Worlds now generate with a pool of water surrounding them
• Fixed a long standing issue with the auto-tiling system ignoring some tile corners
• Fishing catch text now accurately displays catch details
• Fixed bug with some interaction objects not working correctly
• Reduced number of golems that spawn on each map
• Increased size of ground items by 0.2
• Redesigned GUI to be far more minimalistic
• Redesigned crafting GUI for faster crafting
• Reduced number of apples that spawn by 25%
• Fixed bug with ghosts sometimes staying alive after night
• The minimap has now been removed
• Fixed bug with crafting menu sometimes activating joystick
• Seeds now randomly spawn on the map
• Wooden planks will now randomly spawn in water
• Seeds now randomly spawn across the map
• Added new weather effects toggle to options menu
• Added new food item, potato stew!
• NPCS will now avoid campfires at night!
• Added new rain and snow effects
• Movement is now slowed when it is raining
There have been a few reports of issues on the Windows port of A Tale of Survival. To fix these up as soon as possible we have decided to release this new version of ATOS a week earlier. This new release contains several new game-play elements and more bug fixes.
One of the major changes in this release is the way that NPCS are now managed. We have now developed a modular based system for NPCS allowing them to be unique and act differently than each-other. We plan to fully utilize this in versions to come. Being cold now prevents health regeneration making survival just a little bit more difficult. NPCS can now also apply de-buffs to the player such as poisons or slows.
• Fixed bug with combat music not playing in some instances
• Combat music will now not always play when entering combat
• Fixed bug with day and night themes cutting out early and not looping correctly
• Fixed bug with item durability bars appearing blurry on certain resolutions
• Fixed bug with credits alpha effecting the menu interface
• Increased the size of the crafting scrolling buttons by 160%
• Fixed bug with crafting scrolling buttons sometimes not aligning correctly on window devices
• Being cold now causes damage over time to the player
• Some NPC’s now inflict negative player effects when attacking such as poison or slow effects
• Added new poison DOT effect
• Fixed bug with player scores not displaying correctly in character selection screen after last update
• Fixed character score text alignment bug when creating long character names
• Fixed bug with alpha blend in menu screen when exiting the game
• Modifiers are now stored variables that will immediately take effect when loading into a game
• Fixed a bug with the modifiers that could potentially make them last forever
• Water lilies are now intractable objects and will move out of your way when passing through them
• Added new breaking effect when harvesting resources
• Fixed bug with targeting resources that was priorities ground items instead of the resource
• Fixed bug with player death animation not playing correctly when hitting the action button
• Added collision detection
• Player will no longer regenerate health when cold
• Fixed positioning of float when fishing to no longer pass through objects or terrain
• Water rocks are now solid objects/obstacles
• NPC AI is now based on a new modular system which will make new ai type implementation a lot easier!
• Worlds now spawn with a pool of water surrounding them
• Fixed health bar positioning of the combat dummy
• Fixed bug with cliff step positioning
That is it for today, look out for the next update shortly!
Upcoming updates for both Android and Windows version will be available alongside each-other with similar, if not the same content available across both platforms. As always we are continually looking for your ideas and feedback, please use the contact form on our website and let us know what you think!
Please find the latest changes bellow –
Version 1.1.81 (11-10-14) –
Reduced gui drawing for a slight fps increase
Fixed bug with world size selector sometimes not working correctly
Fixed bug with character selection alignment
Using or eating an item will now remove from the inventory slot selected instead of the first available.
Nights now last longer the more nights you survive
Increased transition speed from dusk to dawn and dawn to dusk by 30%
Fixed bug with cliff steps sometimes being embedded into the cliffs
Fixed bug with some gui menus sometimes being hidden when constantly switching the display size
Fixed a bug where the player could potentially get stuck when entering the game
It has been a long time coming but we are finally ready to release version 1.1.80 of A Tale of Survival for Google-Play and Amazon users. This new version features numerous bug fixes, several new compatibility features for lower end devices as-well as some new game play elements.
We are currently working on several new big features for the next update, this includes ranged enemies, pets and new environment types.
– 21-9-14 –
Fixed bug with sweet corn not being edible
Fixed memory management issue when starting a new game that could cause a white box to appear around the player
Fixed lag on initial load when creating a new game world for lower end devices
Changed the way that resource health is calculated to be slightly more random
Fixed bug when mining adamantite that would sometimes spawn sand
Fixed bug when targeting an area where an NPC had previously died that would cause a bug
Being near lava now provides warmth
Fixed bug which prevented leather scraps from being dropped
Fixed bug with warmth detection not working correctly due to wrong player positioning code
Fixed bug with camp-fire providing warmth when not lit
Camp-fire can now be destroyed when lit
Jade is now a random
drop when mining adamantite
Combat music will no longer trigger every time you enter combat
Fixed bug with auto tiling system that could cause a random crash
Fixed bug when placing cooking pot on camp-fire that was reading the wrong mouse coordinates creating an error
Reduced size of action bubble interface element
Fixed bug with camp-fire that was not activating collision checks when placing it
Fix bug with camp-fire vanishing when placing a cooking pot on top of it
Added random drop chances when destroying objects and structures
Added version information to menu screen
Fixed bug with arrows not dropping correctly when killing an npc
Fixed bug with zoom buttons not displaying after last update
Fixed bug with chests not spawning with any items in them
Fixed bug with resource generation sometimes loosing data on load
Gates now only stack up-to 5
Ruby, jade and amethyst are now labelled as crafting materials. Ruby no longer is equitable
Added bounce back when hitting cacti and other spiky objects!
Lava damage sound will no longer player on death
Fixed a bug when entering and exiting a cave or dungeon without saving that could sometimes result in a black screen
Fixed glitch with cave walls sometimes not adding correctly when generating
Reduced health of Ghost to 35
That is all for today, the next update will be the 5th of august so send us your ideas and suggestions before then!
Today we are proud to release version 1.1.78 of A Tale of Survival! This update will be available shortly for both Google play and Amazon users. This patch aims to fix a few new bugs introduced in the previous patch, add new game play elements and balance changes as-well as more depth to existing mechanics!
Fixed glitch with chest constantly re-selection items on hover
Player damage is now rounded for damage text
Fixed a small memory leak when loading a previous save whilst in game
Fixed bug with chest items not being saved until the chest gui was closed
Removed place item from Wheat item
Monsters will now randomly spawn at night, known as ‘phantoms’ they are extremely dangerous and will try to destroy your base defences, beware!
Growing resources are no longer solid to prevent the player sometimes getting stuck when placing them
Fixed some bugs with ghost animation not displaying correctly
Fixed bug with fence gate displaying an incorrect sprite when loading a game
Fixed bug with fences closing when saving and loading a game
Added extra backwards compatibility to save files
Added new range check to prevent pre-emptive playing of combat music
Fixed bug with music engine sometimes playing multiple tracks at once when exiting and entering a game quickly
Fixed but with leather hide not displaying drop option in item description
Added new water collision checking to fishing floats to stop them sometimes appearing on land
Enemies will now sometimes continue to chase the player even if they are off-screen
Added differentiation in map detail types so that some are now solid where others are not
The raft will now simulate water movement when the player is standing on it as-well as travelling at slow speeds
Added sound when digging up plants and other detail items
Fixed bug with sleeping not restoring health and energy correctly
Player can no longer sleep during the day
Expanding sleeping with several new error messages, a cool down between sleeps and
Fixed a bug when building an object and cooking items that would check the mouse position after the cool down bar had faded instead of the actual position of the original click
That is all for today guys. As always thank you for your ideas, criticisms and suggestions!
After a short delay version 1.1.76 will now shortly be available for download on the Google play and Amazon app stores respectively. This is another huge update that we are excited to be releasing. As a heads up to take full advantage of the new features you will need to generate a new world. This patch includes several quite major bug fixes, the re-addition of an improved dynamic lighting system, rafts, new music and new land types.
As always we look forward to your feedback, bug reports and suggestions. A Tale of Survival has grown rapidly over the last two months and we are looking foward to growing it even further with your support and ideas! Here is the full change-log
Version 1.1.76 (16-7-14) –
Fixed bug where some updates would cause random objects to appear onscreen and essentially ruin the games save data.
Added more fall-back functionality to save game data to ‘adapt’ after an update to the new files
Added new death sound!
Improved hit-boxes of all resources, map items and objects
Added several new icons for achievements
Fixed bug with torch fire not lighting on equip
Added dynamic shadowing to resources at night
Fixed bug when picking up some ground items that would activate the resource description box
Added sounds when opening and closing some interface items
Resources no longer automatically interact when clicked
Fixed bug with interact button sometimes creating multiple instances of a single action
Fixed small memory leak with enemy search script
Added a brand new click-based targeting system with priority queues and depth sort-find functionality
Re-designed the interactions buttons GUI layout to not obstruct the players view
Fishing now uses energy
Fixed bug when fishing that caught items were not dropped to the ground
Fishing now has a random change of catching some rare and useful items
Added sound when a bite it taken on a fishing line
Fishing line no longer draws above the lighting making it harder to fish at night
Equipment data is now saved temporarily to prevent any data loss
Fixed bug where the player could potentially get stuck in an animation loop
Fixed graphical glitch with exit button
Fixed bug with map details sometimes changing when loading a previous save
Inspecting an unbuilt object now displays the items required to finish building it
Lava now does continuous damage when standing on it
Fixed some stacking issues related to the hotbar and textbox/interaction buttons
Added brand new method of transportation, the raft!
Added new environmental detection system to object placement as-well as several new error prompts
Added water depth detection to water found in caves
Lava now has a random chance of spawning in dungeons and caves
Fixed graphical glitch with corners of water tile
Re-worked water graphics
Added new water detail type, the lilly!
Fixed bug with cave stairs sometimes being blocked making it hard to exit a cave
Potatoes, chillis, sweetcorn and carrot plants now randomly spawn on the map
Fixed bug with reeds being overlapped by some map objects
Increased dirt detail objects by 60%
Improved collision detection with reeds and long grass
Crafting wooden plank now makes two planks instead of one
After a long time waiting A Tale of Survival is now available for kindle users via the Amazon app store! We are extremely excited about this release and hope that you are too. The game is priced at the regular price of £0.99 and will be continually updated alongside the version currently available on Google Play.
The version currently available for Amazon users is the latest release (1.1.75) which included several new structures to build, objects to interact with and improved game play.
Hiya guys! Today we are releasing A Tale of Survival version 1.1.74. This release adds several new objects to build and interact with, new items, increased game performance and greater stability. We have been able to greatly increased the sharpness of the player sprites and paper dolled items across most (if not all) resolutions in this release. The ladder, rope and bucket items all now have uses and if used properly can be very valuable.
As always thank you all for your continued bug reports, suggestions and ideas. The feedback thus far has been amazing and we look forward to reading it everyday!
Version 1.1.74 (29-6-14) –
Added new power save option to game settings
The ladder can now be used on cave entrances to journey down into dangerous caves
The well now has it own animation, use a bucket and rope on it to build and use it!
Removed smoothing around player sprite and equipment for a much sharper image
Fixed a small memory leak when exiting the game menu and entering the game
Fixed bug when changing gore settings which would sometimes change the game resolution
Fixed bug with paper-dolling depth sorting not working correctly after latest patch
Fixed bug with some items not appearing on the character when equipped
Fixed bug when destroying a chest that the gui element would stay visible
Energy potion now requires a banana instead of bandage to craft
Fixed lighting glitch when pausing the game
Fixed bug when pausing the game that would sometimes cause equipment to now be drawn
Fixed bug with clicking some map items that would activate the joystick
Increased sensitivity of the joystick
Fixed tile transition between dark and light grass
Fixed the difference in colour between deep and dark water on some devices
Fixed bug when loading and saving the game which would sometimes change the players attack damage and armour values
Fixed bug when clicking some resources that would activate the joystick
Fixed flicker caused by reloading surfaces after pausing the game
Fixed bug with water depth not being drawn to paper dolled items after last patch
Fixed bug with play button sometimes disappearing after creating a new character and exiting back to the menu
Fixed bug with eye sprites not displaying correctly
Added multiple button states to interact buttons to stop accidental key presses
The joystick will no longer activate when clicking interaction buttons
Re-added damage bounce from lava and camp-fires
Fixed bug with zoom buttons still being visible on death
Picking up detail objects will no longer cause the joystick to activate
Increased length of night time by 30%
Fixed bug with cooked pork requiring furnace to craft
Added new fall back for character creation surfaces when focus is lost on some devices
Fixed bug when clicking some gui elements that would interact with items on the ground
Fixed crash that could occur when placing items on an object that was already built
Added several new error prompts when building objects
Added crafting recipe for rope
Sleeping now restores hunger, warmth and a small amount of health
Using the zoom buttons now re-draws the map too
Doubled damage of the bomb
Added grass depth detection to NPCS
Rabbits are now classed as passive npcs and run away when attacked